Friday, November 23, 2007


Girls Aloud - Tangled Up

Two days ago, I decided to spend my morning listening to the latest Kylie Minogue album X. Her Fever is a classic, one of the finest pop albums of this fine, fine decade of musical fucktones. Unfortunately, listening to X, I found that the album sounded fucking awful and that the whole thing was just really boring and I know that you're not supposed to say that after JUST ONE LISTEN, but nevertheless, it sucked my ballsac and despite my great appreciation for such a deed, I immediately deleted the album from my computer.

Today, I had the same experience with this album by Girls Aloud. I have been meaning to pick up some of their other records for some time now, but I figured that I might enjoy this one as part of my year-end album listening bonanza. And like the Kylie, it was horribly produced and nothing grabbed me at all and it just sounded like generic girly dance-pop or whatever. And I like the Rihanna album. And I LOVE Rachel Stevens. This was just unlistenably horrible. I'm listening to "Some Girls" from Rachel Stevens's Come & Get It and it's so fucking good. The hooks and melodies and all that just stick out and jab at your peen and it's awesome, shit. Luckily, I deleted the shitty Girls Aloud album from my computer and now I can continue throughout my day listening to these Kevin Drumm cassettes I leeched from some Hipinion YSI thread.

Rating: The cover looks like some horrible budget compilation of wedding music that you'd buy at Nordstrom or some shit. Fuck this album.

Song: Crispin Glover - "Clowny Clown Clown"



No comments: