Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Misfits - Static Age

Let me tell you about a little band called The Misfits.

When I was acne-ridden, waste of sperm middle schooler, with no pubes on my little pre-pubescent nutsack. There were a bunch of "cool" kids who thought The Misfits were totally a "boss" band. Fast forward to high school when I got hi speed internet and the ability to download music, one of the first albums I downloaded was some Misfits thing. It was a pretty nice little album. but lo and behold whenever I discussed with anyone about this little pop group. Everyone thought the band sucked. It was really bad if you liked the Misfits. All of their merchandise and t-shirts of that fucking skull were emblazoned on the buttcheeks of every would-be punk in midwestern America.

So I had no other choice, really. I was instead told to listen to cool music like "Tool" or "The Doors" or classic rock or all that and for awhile, I let it all hit me, I never gave the Misfits the time of day. I thought it was all a bunch of sell-out mallcore bullshit because every fuckin kid I met with a misfits shirt on would just be the biggest smarmy chode. I decided instead of actually giving the misfits a earnest listen, I would decide they were a shitty band and never listen to them ever. Thankfully, this all changed when I grew out of my teenager years and learned how to not be a complete shameless retard.

It turns out that The Misfits are a really great band. Every song they wrote has a really great hook to it, and all their albums,especially Famous Monsters and American Psycho, are the most important punk records of the 21st century. The early stuff is good too, but the band really took off when Danzig left the band.


This album, for instance, is their earliest work, but the band already had their formula of hilarious lyrics, catchy sing-a-long choruses, and boner popping guitar-drum ditties. It's a really great little record and just because the Misfits are a joke now doesn't take anything away from these early classics. That said, I eagerly await the Nirvana reunion with Krist Novoselic on vocals, Dave Grol on drums, and Sausage McBiscuit on keyboards.

oh wait that last person wasn't a person but just a tasty breakfast sandwich

rating: great stuff, Walk Among Us is of course better but stfu and get this.

DOWNLOAD:


Misfits – Box Set Discs 1 & 2:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CLVMH52P

Misfits – Box Set Discs 3 & 4:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JZUAH2RT

2 comments:

Hampton said...

100% brand new high quality battery pack Other Panasonic batteries are the Panasonic lead acid batteries which offer leak resistance and have the versatility to be used in any position. The company has a unique list of services provided: It may also help to relieve pain from tension headache when breathed in as vapor or diluted and rubbed on the skin.

Chris Dongel said...

100% brand new high quality battery pack Other Panasonic batteries are the Panasonic lead acid batteries which offer leak resistance and have the versatility to be used in any position. The company has a unique list of services provided: It may also help to relieve pain from tension headache when breathed in as vapor or diluted and rubbed on the skin.