Monday, August 27, 2007


Some Quasi album or something.

So this kid at school burned me some Quasi CD because last Friday I saw that he had a Pissed Jeans - Hope For Men button on his bag and I was like, "Holy crap, is that a Pissed Jeans pin?!" and he was like, "I don't know, I got it at Pitchfork" and then he had a Sleater-Kinney button and a Janet Weiss button and was like, "Dude, Quasi is totally amazing! I saw them at Touch & Go last year! They're like Built To Spill except not boring!" and I was like, "Awesome, man, I was there for Shellac, Big Black, Scratch Acid, Girls Against Boys, awesome weekend" and he was like, "Yeah, man !!! was amazing" and at this point, I was like, "Eh, yeah" and then today he gave me some Quasi CD that he had burned and I listened to it and now we are here, writing this blog entry.

And the album... sucks. I could have written these shitty, generic indie pop songs of shit. Oh, wow, there's a distorted organ or synth or something, great! Oh, yeah, this song is in some wacky time signature for a little bit, awesome. Piano, WOW! This is like shitty Ben Folds meets Beulah or something. I mean, it's like Built To Spill if Built To Spill was just completely horrible instead of just sort of boring. Fuck this album.

Rating: ZERO STARS. Only my SHIT. Not even that, though. Man, what a waste of 41 minutes of my life.

Song: Comus - First Utterance... stellar album.



1 comment:

Garret said...

Hey, Dan, update this.