Saturday, October 13, 2007


Paul McCartney - Flowers In The Dirt

Paul's big comeback after "losing plot" during the 80s. He's back to making mature pop/rock, everybody (as if he ever even did that!) And not in the shitty Pipes of Peace way. This is just a bunch of songs. Some co-written with Elvis Costello, some with backing vocals by Elvis Costello. Ah, Elvis Costello. Such a jolly, glasses-wearing fellow. When I see him, I say hellohhh!!!!!

This is a pleasant enough album. But I'm not so sure about the whole "comeback" thing. I mean, there's no way that these songs are significantly better than those on Press To Play. The production is still really 80s sounding, but unless you think that crazy synths and goofy lyrics about fucking qualify an album as unequivocally bad, then I'm not sure how you could honestly say that Flowers In The Dirt is a snooze-inducing festival of unremarkableness in comparison to the album's absolutely stellar predecessor.

Rating: Not bad, but nothing to get excited about. Hardly the "comeback" that it was promoted as.

Song: "My Brave Face" ...the first song on this album. It was the first single, I believe. It's actually really great. Probably the best thing on here.



No comments: