Saturday, October 06, 2007

Wings - Wings Over America

Did you guys know that I used to think that Wings was Paul McCartney's christian rock band? It's true, it's mainly because of that episode of The Simpsons where an angelic figure helps The Simpsons get through their family crisis and says "I really earned my wings" but was actually talking about a Wings album. Plus albums with titles like this, Wings Over America, it just sounds like a fun-for-the-whole-family sort of thing. All sinners will be casted down to hell. but Paul McCartney albums will save your soul from eternal damnation. This album was pretty much tailored for consumption by cholos and n-words. He raps all over this album and even pulls a couple Beatles tunes from the archives. It's completely non-essential. Paul doesn't do anything interesting live, and he doesnt't even have any witty banter. Plus, did I mention it's nearly 2 hours long? I don't even like listening to bands I love for 2 hours.

Rating: Completely useless, it sold a lot though, who knows why. I guess this McCartney feller is pretty popular

Song: You don't need one, it's just a live album, and I'm lazy.

No comments: